Tuesday, 6 June 2017

"Don't Tell Me His Name..."





By

Hal Crompton

Remembering the victims of London & Manchester


"Don’t tell me his name,
I don’t want to know.
Don’t tell me where his home is,
Or where he went to school.
Don’t tell me that he was a quiet man
That kept himself to himself.
Don’t tell me that he played with the neighbours’ kids
Or that he was good to his Mum.
I don’t want to know any of that
Or to hear anything about him.
Tell me about his victims.
Tell me about the young girl
Blown to bits after a concert;
Tell me about the tourist
Taking in the sights and suddenly hacked to death;
Tell me about the young man with his life before him
Until it was stolen.
Tell me about the innocent, the pure and the blameless,
For I want to remember them.
But don’t tell me anything about the one who did this, for
I don’t want to know..."


Beşparmak Media Services